4.02.2014

How I Met Your Mother...







Skirt: Banana Republic Outlet, Shirt: Old Navy, Watch: Michael Kors, Rings: snake ring Stella & Dot... stone ring LeVian at Jared, Necklace: CeleneStones (custom piece- e-mail Krista at < CeleneStones@gmail.com > to get your own and if you mention ModaFresca Blog, you'll get 15% off)

1. You know how sometimes you point something embarrassing out about yourself before someone else can make fun of you for it? About that...

My armpits. I put deodorant on before I left the house this morning and unbeknown to me, it stained my shirt. Bad. So... it looked like I was pitting out all day. I didn't notice it until I took these photos on my way to work (pic #3). Did I go home and change? No. Did I keep my arms down all day? You're damn straight I did. Nothing says professional like a strong case of pit rot. Awesome. Juuuuuust friggin' awesome.

2. Often times an article of clothing will remind me of certain things. Where I wore it... who I was with... a good or bad memory, etc.  This skirt is one of those pieces. I bought it in 2004 at Banana Republic (the outlet, I am sure... I was a broke ass buster in 2004 so there is no way I bought in the the real store). I've only worn it a few times over the last 10 years. One of the times I wore it was the first time I met my Manfriend's mom. Yup... the year... 2010... the month... May. We hadn't been seeing each other long at all when she flew in to visit. I was nervous. I wanted to have on something nice, but nothing that made it seem like I was trying too hard. Something cute, but not trendy or trashy... something stylish, but not over the top. Something that did NOT make her think... "What in the WORLD is my handsome, smart, successful son doing with this trashy-ass white chick?????" I'm not sure my skirt choice had anything to do with it, but we hit it off famously and now we are like peas and carrots. So... I guess you could say that this is my "How I Met Your Mother" skirt.

It's a good thing I wasn't also wearing this shirt 10 years ago. I can't imagine visible pit stains making a strong first impression? I'm sure she would have been all like.... "Uh... I'm going to need you to do better. Aim higher, son. Aim higher. "

No comments:

Post a Comment