7.22.2014

What Dreams May Come











Shirt and Earrings: Old Navy, Vest and Belt: Target, Shoes: Shoedazzle, Skirt: Marshalls, Ring: LeVian Collection from Jared, Bag: Aldo, Necklace: Celene Stones e-mail Krista at CeleneStones@gmail.com and tell her you saw her stuff on ModaFresca. She'll give you 15% off.

1. If it looks as though I got dressed in the dark... it's because I did.

Monday morning we were pummeled with thunder storms and our power went out. Don't get me wrong. This craziness was not an accident. I was fully aware that I was combining pink, Army green, leopard print, and blue...  but all day I was waiting for someone to comment on the obvious fact that "matching" never once crossed my mind. That or on the fact that I looked extra greasy. No power equals a cold shower.... and FUUUU*K that. Monday mornings are bad enough, a cold shower may have sent me over the edge. So, I skipped the shower all together.

Don't judge me.

2. Isn't this necklace amazeballs riDONKulous??? My friend, Krista, founder and artist behind Celene Stones made it for me. I texted her one morning and told her that I had a vivid dream the night before that I was wearing one of her necklaces, but it was in a bright, vibrant, cobalt blue. She hadn't ever seen crystals like that, let alone owned any but low and behold... 2 months later. BOOM.  Here I am with it... straight chillin' with it around my neck. She searched high and low for the stones and made me one, and I'm OB.SESSED with the damn thing. I guess you could say, it's the stuff dreams are made of. Ha... get it. Okay... not funny. That was a stretch.

3. I'm wearing my glasses in these pictures because I left the case on my desk in the office and if I don't keep them on my head at all times  I WILL lose them, sit on them, bend them, break them... or leave them somewhere my dogs can reach them, take them under my bed and proceed to destroy them. I always feel like Clark Kent in these glasses. Like at any moment I could walk into a phone booth, put on head to toe spandex and come out ready to save the world. And... if you don't get the Clark Kent/Superman reference... it probably means you are REALLY young. It also probably means you've never borrowed a quarter to make a call from a phone booth. Maybe you don't even know what a phone booth is?

Is that possible? Shoot me.

No comments:

Post a Comment