8.28.2014

Queen of your Life...









Shoes: Nordstroms, Dress and Necklace: Vestique, Ring: Lotus, Purse: Target, Bracelets: Alex & Ani and Celene Stones (email Krista at Celenestones@gmail.com for 15% off - if you mention ModaFresca)
I'm tired this week. "Run ragged from too much ripping and roaring" as my mother would say.  I'm not complaining though. I am busy with things that I enjoy doing (for the most part anyway), but I am beat to hell nonetheless. 

I will say though... I feel like I am really living this year. I'm doing what I said I wanted to do... going out on a limb, putting myself out there... trying new things. Creating my life. Trying to live the quotes I am inspired by. 

I don't always balance everything well... I am realizing how much I don't know every day... I'm scared... tired... and I know for a fact that there are a lot of people out there who have something shitty to say about it all, but FUK it.

I saw a quote the other day and it said "you can't just live the same year over 75 times and call it a life". I thought... wow... that is awesome... and terrifying. Time really does go by so much more quickly the older you get. If you don't force yourself to do anything new and exciting once in a while your life will become less and less joyful. A lot of people just sit and wait for something BIG to happen. Then they will be happy. You know the type. "Let me just fix this one thing... get this job... find this person... get to some goal weight... take a vacation... finish this degree... get into a relationship... get through this break up... get pregnant... buy a house... get a new car... buy these clothes... "fix" these boobs. Whatever it is. 

We look into the future and are convinced that that is where our happiness lies. We see these people and we get jealous of the things they have, or what they do and we want it. We want the end result, but don't want to do any of the work that it requires. 

Truth time?  That's what I did up until this year. I wanted to be in better shape. Without working out. I wanted to learn. Without going back to school. I wanted to write, teach, share... without criticism (good luck with that). I wanted a life that I refused to work for.

No more. This is my new motto. And if this one doesn't work for you....



I'll leave you with these. #awesomesauce














No comments:

Post a Comment