5.28.2015

Love at First Sight.








Dress: Francesca's, Shoes: Dillards, Purse: Target, Cuff: CeleneStones (15% off your order when you mention ModaFresca. You can email Krista at CeleneStones@gmail.com or find her on Instagram at CeleneStones)

Do you guys believe in love at first sight?

Like in the movies when one person sees another from across a crowd... they lock eyes... seem to float through the air to get to one another and as soon as they meet BOOM everything just seems to kind of "work" then they live happily ever after.

I do.

That is exactly how it happened for me.

For me and this dress anyway.  (Did you think I was actually referring to human love? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit?!?!?!?!?!)

Anyway... the manfriend and I were in Washington, D.C. last year  walking in and out of different stores and shops when I saw this dress through a front window. I stopped mid sentence, walked into the store, locked eyes on the dress, got nervous when I realized there was the only one (a M, thank gawd.... I feared it was going to be a S, or worse... an XS <vomit>). I grabbed it, tried it on and BOOM... fit like a damn glove. Plus, it was in budget at a whopping $48 US Dollars. Whoop Whoop. It was meant to be. The Universe wanted this dress and me to be together. Clearly.

I feel like it's been a while since I blogged. Two weeks I guess.

Since then I have...

1. Cut a shit-ton of hair off of my head.

Feels good. I always feel like Mel Gibson at the end of Braveheart when I cut my hair. I have an overwhelming urge to yell... "FREEEEEEEEEDOM" at the top of my lungs.



2. Tried paddle boarding for the first time.

I fell in love with it. I also fell head-first into the water, but I guess that is to be expected. It was amazing. A great workout. And now I am obsessed with buying a Yoga Paddleboard and becoming a bad ass on it. Those bad boys aren't exactly budget friendly I'm afraid so that is going to have to wait, but MAN do I want one! In my mind I looked JUST.LIKE.THIS doing yoga on a paddleboard. My beautiful upward facing dog and my beautiful ass.


In real life I looked a more like a chubby toddler learning to stand on their own for the first time. #realtalk


3. Got in a legitimate heated discussion (borderline argument) with other grown adults as to whether Reggie Bush or Kim Kardashian's baby is cuter. I'm not exactly proud to admit it, but it happened. Also, we were completely sober when it went down. They are both ahhhhh-dorable, but come on... North, for the win!! All day. (SorryNotSorry, Ameena-- xo).




No comments:

Post a Comment